Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Closure

A friend of mine commented today at lunch that I haven't posted for a while. "That's because I am finished the project," I told her. We both agreed that the project required closure.

I have presented my project to the class, and subsequently recieved 100% on it (Thanks Mr Roberts!). Not to bad if I do say so myself.

I have learned so much from this project; how talented Austen was, what makes her a good author, and how much work goes into a big undertaking like mine. I think that I came out on top. I had so much information when I was done that I taught the class for 40 minutes. I appreciate the fact that they tried not to look bored!


Jane Austen invaded my life. I dremt about her books, I spent hours writng about them, and I'm positive that I drove my friends crazy talking about her. I still stand amazed at how witty she was, and how her style changed over time but remained uniquely Jane. I am throughly a Janeite, and I embrace it whole-heartedly.


Thanks for reading; I appreciate all your support. I hope that by now you have picked up an Austen novel, and that you will allow its words to comfort, excite, and stun you in the same way that they did me.


Let us finish with a word of wisdom from Austen, it seems only appropriate.


"There is nothing that I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."

2 comments:

  1. This was really great to read, Julia, and it inspired me to pick up Persuasion and give it a whirl. Thanks for giving me my closure. :D

    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trawling through Jane pages and WOW! The page is impressive, but the authoress is even more impressive! Congratulations to you for being more amazing than you were in grade nine.

    - Ms. Iori

    ReplyDelete